Can I return or exchange an item?Should you wish to return an item, please email us for immediate assistance. Our returns form also available here. If you have not received this document, please contact Customer Services by emailing us at email@example.com with your order details. PLEASE NOTE ALL THAT WE ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS IF WE ARE NOTIFIED WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS (2 WEEKS) OF THE DATE ON WHICH THE ORDER WAS DELIVERED. NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS ARE PERMITTED ON LAST
Do you ship internationally?
We're sorry, Clinique.co.za is currently unable to accept orders to be shipped to destinations outside the Republic Of South Africa. We apologize for any inconvenience. There are several Clinique International country web sites that offer online shopping. Please visit our International store locator.
How do I change or cancel my order?If you would like to cancel an online order after it has been placed, please email using the subject line “URGENT ORDER CANCELLATION” within an hour of placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Once an order is processing, we regret that it cannot be changed or cancelled. Once the order is processing, it will be dispatched and our standard returns policy applies. NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS ARE PERMITTED ON LAST CHANCE ITEMS.
Does anyone else see the information that I provide to Clinique?
Spam filters and ISPS
Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Email client may be using filters to block email and this may be affecting the receipt of email from Clinique Online. If you believe this is happening, please consult the help section of your email program or contact your ISP directly to see how to relax or remove the settings that filter or block email. This will ensure that correspondence from Clinique Online will be accepted.
Can you send me samples?Regrettably, samples are not available for general distribution. Samples are available periodically during special offers and also, when available, at checkout when you are making an online purchase. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY OF SAMPLES. If you are unsure about which products are right for you, we are happy to assist with expert recommendations and advice. We do not ship samples from our head office.
Clinique Laboratories, LLC. is committed to the elimination of animal testing. We are equally committed to consumer health and safety, and bringing to market products that comply with applicable regulations in every country in which our products are sold.
We do not conduct animal testing on our products or ingredients, nor ask others to test on our behalf, except when required by law. We evaluate our finished products in clinical tests on volunteer panels.
Clinique Laboratories, LLC. fully supports the development and global acceptance of non-animal testing alternatives. To this end, the Company works extensively with the industry at large and the global scientific community to research and fund these alternatives.
Gift with Purchase Events
Registered Members at Clinique Online who opt-in to receive email will get updates on Gift With Purchase Events at local Clinique counters & online. This information is updated regularly and is subject to change without notice. If you prefer, you may contact your local Clinique counter directly and they will be happy to advise you when an event is planned for your area
Where Can I Buy Clinique Products?
Check the status of your most recent orders by visiting our Order Tracking page. Click on the Order Tracking link and login to your Account to view the status of your orders. To track your order via the carrier's Web site, you may click on the tracking number to view the delivery status of your order.
*Please note: Tracking information may not be available for up to 24 business hours after the order is shipped.
If you would like to cancel an online order after it has been placed, please email using the subject line “URGENT ORDER CANCELLATION” within an hour of placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Occasionally, orders or parts of an order are cancelled by our system for various reasons. Some reasons include:
- Item(s) not available.
- Difficulty in processing payment information.
- Cannot ship to the address provided.
- A duplicate order was placed.
- Cancelled due to customer request.
How to shop online
Welcome to Clinique Online. Shopping is easy, convenient and secure. Simply select the product you want to purchase and follow the instructions below:
Rollover a product image and click on the Quickshop button. Select your desired shade, size or form as relevant and then click “add to bag”.
For additional product information, how-to videos and related links, click on the product name or view details link. From the product detail page select “add to bag” to place the item in your cart.
When you've completed shopping, click the shopping bag icon found on each page or click the Checkout button that will be displayed each time you add an item to your cart along with the details for that item.
Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed through the checkout process. Please note that you may change the contents of your shopping bag including the quantity (up to six  of any single item) during checkout prior to clicking on Submit Order.
More information on our Maximum Purchase Policy.
After your order has been submitted, a "Thank You" page will be displayed confirming that your order was received. An email confirming receipt of your order will also be sent shortly after your order was submitted. If an order confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours after submission, please contact us by email or live chat for assistance.
If you have any questions or concerns when placing an order or if you wish to inquire about a previously placed order, please email us with your order number.
Click on the shopping bag icon to display your shopping bag with the list of the items selected for purchase, the selected quantities of each, and the total cost of the purchase. You may remove items or change the quantities ordered in this area.
DELETING ITEMS FROM YOUR SHOPPING BAG
If you wish to delete an item in your Shopping Bag, simply go to “View Bag” and select the "Remove" link below the product name. The item will be removed from your shopping bag.
Optimal online color settings
This site is best viewed with Internet Explorer 6 and later versions, Firefox 2.0 and later versions and with a minimum monitor resolution of 1024 x 768. Please note that monitors display colors differently based upon their settings.
Please feel free to email us with questions about specific colors, and we'll be happy to provide you with any additional description that is available.
At Clinique Online, we understand how important security is to you. When you place an order at Clinique Online, we encode your information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. This is the most advanced consumer online security technique to date. You can be assured that your order will be placed safely and securely. We employ government approved encryption software. To find out more about SSL encryption software go to:
In order for encryption to take place, your browser must have the SSL protocol. The browsers that have this software are the following:
- Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0.4 and higher
- Safari 2.0.4 and higher
Maximum purchase policy
We regret that we must limit orders to no more than nine (10) units of any item with a maximum purchase of R5999 per customer. If you have any questions, please Contact Us and we will be happy to assist.
REDEEMING OFFER CODES. Simply enter your offer code in the text box marked “Offer Code” on the Billing page during the Checkout process. When an offer code is accepted, it will be displayed on the “Order Review” page. IN THE EVENT THAT AN OFFER CODE IS NOT APPLIED AT CHECKOUT WHERE THIS HAS BEEN STIPULATED AS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR REDEMPTION OF THE OFFER, THEN NO OFFER SHALL BE APPLIED AND THE OFFER CANNOT BE REDEEMED AT A LATER DATE. STANDARD RETURNS POLICY APPLIES.
Please Note: Offer codes are case sensitive and should be entered exactly as they appear. Only one offer code may be used per online order.
The following credit cards are accepted for payment: • MasterCard
We’re sorry, we do not accept:
• Cash On Delivery
• Layaway plan
• Personal Checks
• Money Orders
For your security, your billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match this criteria.
Payment authorization holds
When placing an order using a credit card or debit card, two transactions will be posted to your account.
1. The issuing bank for your payment card will place a hold on the funds in your account in the amount of your purchase when an order is authorized. This action reserves the funds for the pending charge. Please be aware that a reservation is not a final charge.
2. You will subsequently be charged for the order which removes the funds from your account. The charge may vary from the amount of the authorization hold if the order is altered or cancelled prior to shipment.
If an order is cancelled, the authorization hold will be removed by the issuing bank. For details on the removal of authorization holds, please contact the issuing bank’s customer service. Because this process is specific to each bank, we regret that we cannot provide assistance with the removal of authorization holds. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DEPENDING ON WHO YOU BANK WITH, YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE AN SMS OR ANY OTHER NOTIFCATION THAT A HOLD HAS BEEN REMOVED. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BANK FOR CONFIRMATION.
Temporarily Out of Stock / Backordered Items
If an item selected is temporarily out of stock at the time of your order, you will be notified via email and advised of the expected ship date of the backordered item. Backordered items are shipped as soon as they are available. Please be assured that you will not be charged for any item until it is shipped. If for any reason you wish to cancel a backordered item prior to its shipment, please contact us via email and we will be happy to assist you.
Pre-sell items are items that are not yet in stock but available for advanced purchase on our site. Pre-sell items are shipped as soon as they are available. We will notify you of the status of your Pre-sell item via email updates and confirmations. Please be assured that you will not be charged for any item until it has shipped.
Please note: The actual delivery date of your order depends on the shipping method you select.
Most orders are processed within 1 - 2 business days (processing time does not include weekend days). Over peak periods orders may take 7 working days to be processed.
We are currently unable to accept orders shipped to destinations outside The Republic Of South Africa.
All purchases are subject to bank authorization prior to processing. Only authorized purchases will be processed and shipped. We only accept payment from cards enrolled for 3D Secure.
Check the status of your most recent orders by visiting our Order Status page. This is the easiest and fastest way to get the most current information regarding your Clinique Online orders.
When you click on Order Status you will be prompted to log in with your email address and password. An order summary page will provide you with detailed information about your current and past orders. Once your order is shipped, you will receive an sms from our courier partner with a tracking number.
Please note: Some carriers may not have tracking information available for up to 24 business hours after the order is shipped.
If you would like to cancel an online order after it has been placed, please email using the subject line “URGENT ORDER CANCELLATION” within an hour of placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Once an order is processing, we regret that it cannot be changed or cancelled. Occasionally, orders or parts of an order are cancelled by our system for various reasons. Some reasons include:
Item(s) not available.
Difficulty in processing payment information.
Cannot ship to the address provided.
A duplicate order was placed.
Cancelled due to customer request.
Returns & Exchanges
Returns & Exchanges
STEP ONE – Completing the Necessary Documentation
• Should you wish to return an item, please email us for immediate assistance. Our returns form also available here. If you have not received this document, please contact Customer Services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE ALL THAT WE ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS IF WE ARE NOTIFIED WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS (2 WEEKS) OF THE DATE ON WHICH THE ORDER WAS DELIVERED. NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS ARE PERMITTED ON LAST CHANCE ITEMS.
• If you are dissatisfied with the products delivered to you and want to apply for either a product exchange or a refund, kindly complete the Returns document with all the required information. Confirm your contact details, date of purchase, Order/Invoice Number, and all details of the physical products that you want to return, including how and why you believe the products are defective or unsuitable for your purpose. If goods need to be returned from a different location than the shipping address to which the Order was delivered, please indicate so at that time. In the event you require an exchange, please indicate what alternative product you believe may be better suited. Please be advised that we only offer exchanges on "like" items. For example, we cannot exchange a foundation for an entirely different type of foundation, only for a different shade within the same range
• Email this completed document back to email@example.com - We will confirm your Return Claim via email within one business day of receiving your claim
• Any return of physical goods purchased on www.clinique.co.za will require a pre-authorisation to be issued by Clinique On Line. Authorisation will be issued by our Customer Care Centre, within 1 to 2 Business Days from time of receiving your request.
• Once your return request has been approved, a Return Instruction will be communicated to our courier company, Dawn Wing, for collection of the goods.
STEP TWO - Returning the Product
Return and Exchange
• If the product(s) ordered and delivered are unsuitable, and you wish to exchange them for another selection, we will gladly assist you in validating which alternative product(s) may be more suited for you. PLEASE NOTE ALL THAT WE ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS IF WE ARE NOTIFIED WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS (2 WEEKS) OF THE DATE ON WHICH THE ORDER WAS DELIVERED. Please be advised that we do not offer exchanges on opened or used products.
• Kindly note that we will only process Exchange of product(s), if products returned to us are in original condition, eg unopened, and in the original intact packaging. Once return goods have been received and inspected, we will process exchange and initiate the delivery of replacement products to you. Our Customer Service Team will liaise with you to confirm when goods have been validated for exchange, and when replacement products have been shipped to you. Note that replacement of products can only take place if alternative product is of the identical value. If you wish to have the original product(s) replaced by other products of a higher value, we will refund that transaction entirely and assist you in placing a new order for a new amount.
• Once the goods authorised for return have been collected by our courier company, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing us with the tracking number communicated to you by the courier company at time of collecting the parcel. Shipping of the returned parcel back to Clinique On Line will take place via standard ground shipping. Please allow up to 10 working days from the date on which the package was collected for it to reach us.
• Once we have received the package, we will notify you via email that we have received the physical products.
• In the event the goods received are not in their original condition, we reserve the right to not agree on an exchange or refund, and will then contact you to notify you of potential alternative process we may agree upon.
• Any return of physical products must include all accessories and instructions, and all original packaging that is still available. If no packaging is available, please make sure the products are in protective packaging as we are not responsible for any damage in transit.
STEP ONE – Completing the Necessary Documentation
• If you require a refund we will refund the price paid by you for the goods (exclusive of the initial delivery charge) within thirty (30) days of receiving your returned goods, provided that you have returned the goods to us in their original condition at our distribution centre within 14 working days of delivery.
• Refunds will only be made against the original credit/debit card used.
• Until such goods are returned to us, you are obliged to exercise all reasonable care to store the cancelled goods safely and in appropriate conditions.
• Please Note: We cannot accept returned goods that we reasonably believe have been used. In such circumstances, we will notify you that no refund will be available and you will be responsible for arranging for such goods to be returned to you within 28 days of our notification.
• As a Customer, you are entitled to apply for a refund if you believe products delivered are unsuitable (as stated in Clause 11), or if you decide to invoke a cooling-off period (as stated in Clause 5).
• In either cases, you need to communicate to us in writing via email to email@example.com, with reasons as to why you believe the products are unsuitable, or to notify us of your intent to exercise a cooling-off period.
• Processing of a refund claim will only take place once Clinique On Line has received the returned goods and been able to inspect the products.
• If you claim that our products are defective, our technicians will examine the products for defects. They will report to us whether the products were defective, were misused or are of good quality
• If you claim that our products are unsuitable for your purpose, we will first investigate whether you communicated the purpose to us. If you did, we will then provide you with a written report indicating whether we believe the products were unsuitable for your specific purpose or not. If you returned the products within the seven day cooling-off period and our technician reports that the products were defective, were provided to you for your specific purpose and were unsuitable for that purpose, then we will either contact you and ask you whether you would like us to replace or refund the price of the products (if you are also a consumer under the CPA) or advise you how we have decided to compensate you (if you are not a consumer under the CPA). If the products were returned outside the seven day cooling-off period, or our technician reports that the products were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose or were suitable for that purpose, then we will not replace or refund the products. Our customer services department may tell you that they do not believe you have a claim, for example because the warranty period of the products has expired. In this case we may refuse to replace products, or refuse to pay a refund If you choose for us to replace the products or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organise the necessary steps to repair or replace the products. if you choose for us to make a refund or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you and arrange payment of the refunded amount into the Credit Card account used to process the purchase, within 30 days of cancellation.
When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for the shipping carton to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the item(s) in your shipment, please contact us immediately at 0800 39 0014 . Please provide the order number along with your email address and phone number for fastest service. To assure prompt resolution, please retain the shipping box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier.
If we do not accept that we supplied defective or unsuitable products, and our customer services department has not been able to help, any customer may still take the matter up with a suitable ombud or other dispute resolution body, or take legal action. The dispute resolution procedures under the CPA do not necessarily apply to all transactions with us. This policy does not exclude any other rights customers may have.
Our customer services department contact details.
Our customers can contact our service department as follows:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinique Online Customer Services, PO BOX 786132, SANDTON 2146
Office hours: 09:00 to 17:00 on business days, excl Public Holidays
Shipping & Handling
We're open and accepting orders! The health and well-being of our customers, employees and community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to modified operations put in place to help protect those working at the distribution centres and possible delays with our shipping carriers, you can expect a delay in receiving your order. Delivery is expected within a maximum of 10-15 business days of order placement. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. We are committed to delivering your orders as soon as possible!
Clinique Online accepts orders that are shipped to locations in the Republic of South Africa. Please note that we do not deliver to PO boxes or to shopping centres. It is not possible to collect your online order in-store. We deliver to homes or offices where an authorised representative is present to sign for the parcel only.
Clinique Online orders are shipped and delivered by Dawn Wing on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays). We do not offer express delivery at this time. We offer standard delivery, which is free with all online orders exceeding R500.
Please select the option that best suits your delivery needs during "Checkout".
*All purchases are subject to bank authorization prior to processing. Only authorized purchases will be processed and shipped. We only accept payment from cards enrolled for 3D Secure.
If you have questions about the delivery of your package, please contact us via email.
Most orders are PROCESSED within 1 - 2 business days (processing time does not include weekend days). Over peak periods orders may take 7 working days to be processed.
Most orders are DELIVERED within 7 business days (delivery time does not include weekend days). Over peak periods orders may take 10-15 working days to be delivered.
Some items sold by Clinique Online require special handling as specified by federal, state and local regulations governing the transport of these items. The method of shipment for these items is dictated by these regulations. At Clinique Online, we comply with these regulations therefore the shipment of some products to certain locations may not be possible. If this affects your order, we regret any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Shipments to Forwarding Companies
Clinique Online is not responsible for damage, defect, material difference, or loss that occurs to goods delivered to a forwarding company. This means that Clinique Online is not responsible to provide a replacement or refund for any goods delivered to a forwarding company. If you choose to use a forwarding company, we recommend requesting the forwarder refuse any packages that arrive damaged. If a package is lost or damaged after being received by the company listed on the delivery address, it is the responsibility of the company to whom the order was delivered.
CORPORATE AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Clinique Laboratories, LLC. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of prestige skin care, makeup and fragrance products.
Clinique was first launched in 1968 with skin care and makeup products that are all allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Our products have been designed to address individual skin types and needs. The products are based on research and related expertise of leading dermatologists. Clinique's skin care products are marketed as part of the Three-Step System: Cleanse, Exfoliate, Moisturize.
Clinique Laboratories, LLC.
767 Fifth Avenue
New York, N.Y. 10153
Clinique products are available in better department and specialty stores. Visit our Store Locator to find a Clinique Counter near you.
Do you need more information about our company? Visit ELCompanies.com
Effective Date: 16 April 2020
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
- Information We Collect by Automated Means
- Targeted Advertising
- Information We Share
- Your Rights And Choices
- Data Transfers
- Data Retention
- How We Protect Personal Data
- Links To Other Websites
- How To Contact Us
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal data about you from various sources. We collect this information when you provide it at one of our stores, on our website, via our social media pages, when you download one of our mobile applications (either via Apple iOS or Android) onto your mobile device, or at one of our events. Unless otherwise indicated at the time that you provide your personal information, any personal information collected by these retailers is not provided to us.
Information You Provide
You may provide personal data to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site or in our stores, via our social media pages or through one of our mobile applications. The types of personal data you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address, and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Your skin type / skin condition
- Contact information for friends, family or other people you would like us to send a message to on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have consented to receive messages from you or us)
- Information or Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media networks or one of our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
How We Use The Information
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect,
- Provide the products or services you have requested and operate features on our site
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your [online and in-store] purchase history
- Assist with product selection and replenishment
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
- Post your product reviews
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Legal Basis for Our Use of the Information
We will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- we have obtained your consent; or if
- we have a legitimate interest to do so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, and internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims, and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), or visit our social media pages, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. For example, if you connect to a free in store Wifi offering, we may collect your IP address, your unique device identifier (or other device identifier) and/or geo-location data in order to offer you certain features or functionalities within that mobile application. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
For your convenience, our mobile applications may also include functionality that allows you to remain logged in to the application so that you do not have to reenter a password each time you want to access the application. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMAIN LOGGED IN, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT ANYONE WITH ACCESS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR MOBILE ACCOUNT AND MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in to the application on your mobile device, we strongly recommend you enable the Passcode Lock security feature on your mobile device to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your mobile device and your account in the application.
Technologies We Use
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser.
The following types of cookies are set on this site.
Internal Cookies Essential for the Site to Work
We use first-party cookies to help the site work in the best possible manner. You can opt out of receiving these cookies and disable them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that without these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Cookies
You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics service, and to exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- For Adobe Site Catalyst, please click here;
- To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- We may implement certain Google Analytics Advertising Features (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Display Network Impression Reporting or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through Google Ad settings or by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ . We will use the data provided by these features as described under “How We Use the Information We Collect”
Third Party Targeted Advertising Cookies
Third Party Cookies Intended to Improve the Interactivity of the Site
This site also supports certain third party services, including social sharing buttons facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram, tweet lists (twitter) and videos posted on the site (youtube). These features use third party cookies that are directly set on your device by these services. When you first visit our site, a cookie banner will inform you of the use of these cookies. They will only be used if you accept them or if you continue using this site.
We may also use third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, to show you interest-based ads. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your advertising preferences on those third-party platforms. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal data we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal data with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
If you so elect, you may provide you mobile phone number in order to receive SMS message alerts containing product and event information, cosmetics tips or promotions (“SMS Messages”). We do not charge a fee for you to receive SMS Messages from us, however, your mobile service provider may charge you for sending and/or receiving SMS messages and air-time, as well as any other standard applicable rates charged by your mobile service provider. If you do elect to receive them and later decide that you would no longer like to receive these SMS Messages, see the “[Your Rights and Choices]” Section below.
SMS Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. To receive help with SMS Messages, you can call 0800 39 00 14 or via email at the following address email@example.com
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from CLINIQUE SOUTH AFRICA by clicking here.
SMS Message Opt-Out
In general, in order to stop receiving SMS Messages, you can text STOP to the five digit short code for the sms messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive message (i.e., the five digit number from which the SMS Messages are being sent). You will then receive confirmation of your opt-out of that text messaging program.
You can ask us to stop sending marketing SMS Messages to a particular phone by using that phone to text the word [STOP] to the Short Code provided in the SMS. You also can request that we refrain from sending you SMS messages by contacting us as indicated below.
You can also choose not to receive SMS Messages by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying that you no longer want to receive SMS Messages.
When you use one of our mobile applications, we may ask you for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any time with effect for the future by contacting us as indicated below. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Personal Data or Restricting or Objecting to their Use
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data we maintain about you, or to request the restriction of our use of this information, as appropriate. You also have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes by using the opt-out solution described above. For all other purposes, you may object at any time to the use of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, in accordance with applicable law. These rights may be limited in some circumstances under applicable law. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as indicated below.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You also have the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller, where it is technically feasible. You may exercise this right by contacting us as indicated below. You also may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. Complaints or concerns about the protection of personal information may be subject to the jurisdiction of the Information Regulator established under the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013.
We keep the information you provide for the duration of our relationships, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or if required under mandatory applicable law. If you wish to receive marketing communications, we will keep the information necessary to send you these communications following the end of our customer relationship or following their collection, if you are a prospective customer.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular to protect your personal data against accidental unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us
ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES, SOUTH AFRICA
ATTENTION MR BRUNO BERTRAND
PO BOX 786132
or contact us by telephone at 011 516 3000
- Information We Collect
California Transparency In Supply Chains Disclosure Responsibility.
At the Estée Lauder Companies we respect the human rights of our employees, suppliers and the communities in which we operate, and we are committed to upholding the principles contained in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010.
We expect our suppliers to comply with all local regulations and their national laws governing minimum wages, overtime compensation, hiring and occupational safety.
Our suppliers must comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct. The Code outlines our expectations on quality, health and safety, environment, labor conditions and human rights – including our zero‐ tolerance policy regarding prisoners, slave labor and human trafficking. We have an ongoing audit process that includes independent third party assessment.
Training and capacity building
Our employees participate in trainings to help them identify and properly respond to possible infractions of our Code, and help in mitigating the risk of supplier noncompliance. We are committed to working together with our suppliers to source products and services responsibly, with uncompromising ethics and integrity that is guided by our vision—Bringing the Best to Everyone We Touch.
To learn more, visit our 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report,The Beauty of Responsibility.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Sale
Effective Date: 18 July, 2018
1. General Provisions
1.1 The following terms and conditions of sale (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the offer and sale of products through the CLINIQUE SOUTH AFRICA website (the “Site”). These Terms and Conditions must be read together with the general terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Site, to be found at https://www.clinique.co.za/customer-care/general-info/terms-use.
1.2 To be eligible to purchase products on the Site customers must: (a) be at least 18 or, if minors, be duly authorized by their legal representative; (b) be consumers, meant as natural persons acting for purposes extraneous to their trade, business, craft and profession; and (c) hold a valid credit card.
1.3 This contract shall be executed in English and shall be governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa (“South Africa”), including, but not limited to, the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (as amended) (“the ECT Act”) and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (as amended) (“the CPA”).
2. Identification of the Vendor
2.1 The vendor is ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES, South Africa
3.1 Information on products is available on the Site, and is provided in accordance with the ECT Act.
3.2 We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions, images of products appearing on the Site are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that said details, descriptions, images of products are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
3.3 The products described on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to the customer, are for personal use only. Customers may not sell or resell any of these products or samples thereof. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any products or samples to be provided to the customer that, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of these Terms and Conditions.
4.1 All prices indicated for products available via the Site are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are expressed in South African Rand. Delivery charges shall be added to the price of the products and are indicated separately on the order form. For further information please also visit the Delivery section of the Site.
4.2 We regularly verify that all the prices displayed on the Site are correct, however, we cannot guarantee the absence of errors. In the event that an obvious error in the pricing of a product is detected, we will offer the customer the opportunity to purchase the product at the correct price or to cancel the order.
5. Placing an Order
5.1 The customer will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Site.
5.2 To place an order, the customer must type in the quantity of product he/she wishes to purchase up to four (4) products of any single product, with a maximum purchase of R5,000 per customer.
5.3 Customer must click “Add to bag” to place the product selected in the desired quantity in the shopping bag. At any time during shopping customer may review the products in the shopping bag by clicking on “Checkout” of each page. Customer may save a product as favorite, by clicking on “move to favorites” below the product name. The product will then be moved to customer’s favorites section in “My Account”. To access customer’s favorites from any computer, customer must register or sign in with his/her account.
5.4 Customer must follow the onscreen instructions to proceed through the checkout process. The customer may always correct any errors in data he/she has entered, change the shopping bag contents, by adding or removing one or more products from the shopping bag, or cancel the entire order during checkout before sending his/her order. By submitting an order, the customer acknowledges and declares that he/she has read all the instructions provided during the checkout process and fully accepts these Terms and Conditions. The customer places an order request for products via the Site by clicking on the Submit button at the end of the order process.
5.5 After an order has been submitted, a “Thank You” page will be displayed, and the customer will receive shortly an email confirming receipt of the order. In accordance with the provisions of the ECT Act, the email confirming receipt of the order contains a summary of the Terms a Conditions, information on the essential characteristics of the purchased products, a detailed indication of the price and means of payment, information on delivery charges, information on the conditions and methods to exercise the right of withdrawal, the address to which complaints may be addressed, information on support services and on existing commercial warranties.
5.6 If an order confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours after submission, customer may contact us via email for assistance
5.7 If customers have any questions or concerns when placing an order or if they wish to enquire about a previously placed order, they may contact us email at the following address email@example.com. For fastest service, customers are invited to quote their order number.
6. Offer Codes
6.1 To redeem an offer code, customers must enter their code into the “offer code” box during the checkout process on the website. Offer codes are case sensitive and should be entered exactly as they appear.
6.2 When an offer code is accepted, the offer will be displayed in the “Order Review”.
6.3 One offer code may be used per order.
7. Payment Options
7.1 Customers may pay for the products by credit card. The following credit cards are accepted for payments:
7.2 We do not accept credit cards with billing addresses outside of South Africa.
7.3 Customers will have funds not be charged for any product until it is shipped.
7.4 For customer’s security, customer’s billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match these criteria.
7.5 All credit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the credit card issuer. If the issuer of customer’s payment card refuses or does not, for any reason, authorize payment to us, whether in advance or subsequent to a payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
8. Order Inquiries
8.1 Generally products are shipped within 5 TO 7 days of receipt of an order. For any shipping information customers may contact us via email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8.2 Customers can check the status of their most recent orders by visiting the Order Status page into the My Account area. This is the easiest and fastest way to get the most current information regarding customers’ orders.
8.3 When the customer clicks on Order Status page, he/she will be prompted to log in with his/her email address and password. An order summary page will provide the customer with detailed information about his/her current and past orders. After an order is shipped, the relevant tracking number, if available, will be displayed. Customers can track the delivery status of the order with our courier by clicking on “Dispatched” under the Order Status header. Some carriers may not have tracking information available for up to 24 business hours after the order is shipped.
8.4 Occasionally, orders or parts of an order are cancelled by our system for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- Item(s) not available
- Impossibility in processing payment information
- Cannot deliver to address provided
- Duplicate order was placed
- Cancellation due to a customer request
8.5 If an order is cancelled, the customer will receive an email to explain the reason for the cancellation. Customers will not be charged for any cancelled orders. If the customer is interested in placing a new order or if the customer has any questions about a cancelled order, he/she may contact us via email at the following address: email@example.com
9.1 Orders are processed and delivered on working days only (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays). Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be processed on the following working day.
9.2 We are unable to process orders to a P.O Box address.
9.3 Shipping charges shall be borne by the customer and are indicated separately on the order form and into the delivery note. There are no shipping charges for purchases over the amount we may display on the Site.
9.4 In accordance with the requirements of the ECT Act and the CPA, the products shall be delivered within 30 (thirty) days from the day following that of the order placement by the customer, unless we notify the customer, including by email, within the same term, of the ordered products being unavailable, including temporarily unavailable.
10.1 We are committed to offering customers the finest cosmetic products available. If the customer feels the products he/she received from us do not meet this expectation, pursuant to the “cooling-off” provisions of the ECT Act, the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract, without specifying any reason, within 7 days of the date the products were received.
10.2 Notification of customer’s intention to exercise the right of cancellation can be done by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with customer’s order details, including customer order number and the description of the products which are being returned. Within the order packaging, the customer will find a dispatch note with details of the order together with details of our returns process. If the products listed on the dispatch note do not match those contained in your delivery, the customer shall notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
10.3 Our Customer Service will then issue the customer with an authorization number and an email confirmation. Customer is invited to retain a note of his/her authorization number for future reference with Customer Service with regards to this matter.
10.4 If the customer returns products for reasons other than defects in the products, or incomplete or incorrect delivery, he/she will be required to arrange and pay for the direct costs of the return of the products to us.
10.5 Upon exercising the right of cancellation, we undertake to reimburse the customer the full price of the products within thirty (30) days of the date of receipt of the cancellation, provided that they are shipped back unused and undamaged, to the extent that they have been kept and used with all due care and attention. Refunds will only be made against the original credit card used. We will send to the customer a notification email once the reimbursement has been made
10.6 It is strongly recommended that the parcel be sent by a recorded delivery service (one that requires a signature upon receipt). We cannot be liable for returned products lost in transit.
10.7 The above provisions are only applicable to purchases made online. Products purchased at a store will be subject to the return policy of each store. Returns or exchanges for purchases made in a CLINIQUE store may not be returned or exchanged to CLINIQUE Online. Returns for purchases made online will not be accepted for return or exchange at a CLINIQUE store.
11. Faulty or defective products
11.1 In case of faulty or defective products pursuant to the CPA, the legal guarantees established by the CPA will apply. The customer has the right to return the products within 6 (six) months of the date of purchase provided that the products have been used for their intended purpose and they have been cared for according to any instructions that accompanied the products. We may in certain instances require an assessment of the goods returned. We will either repair or replace the products or refund you in the same way that you paid for the goods. If in our assessment you have not adhered to the use and care instructions, we will refuse to accept return thereof.
12. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
12.1 These Terms and Conditions are governed by South African law and must be interpreted in accordance with South African laws.
12.2 Any disputes arising from the interpretation, validity and/or execution of these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent court of the place of residence or domicile of the customer and/or the National Consumer Commission and/or the National Consumer Tribunal, if applicable, and as the case may be. Complaints or concerns about the protection of personal information may be subject to the jurisdiction of the Information Regulator established under the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013.
13.1 For any information and support on products and methods of purchase through the Site the customer may contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address:
Clinique Online C/S Department
PO Box 786132
Deletion of user content
For centuries, cosmetic products have brought enjoyment and beauty to millions of people worldwide.
Today, a wide range of make-up, skin care, hair care, and fragrance products are available to help you look and feel good. There are many products to choose from--each with a different purpose, benefit and range of ingredients that make it unique, effective and pleasant to use.
We know that reading cosmetic labels can sometimes be confusing. That's why we've created this Guide to help you understand the various symbols and statements that may appear on your favorite products.
PRODUCT IDENTITY: statement of what the product is.
NET CONTENTS: the amount of product in the package. The "e" following the volume declaration is a guarantee that the product has been filled in accordance with the average system of measures used in the European Union (EU).
PRODUCT INGREDIENTS: lists all ingredients used in the formula in descending order of concentration. This is especially important for those people who are seeking a specific ingredient or want to avoid one. In addition, our ingredient listing now includes the various components of a fragrance ingredient previously not listed and therefore may be longer. This is important information for that small percentage of the population who may be sensitive to certain components of fragrances.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: informs you of how, when and where to use the product.
NAME/LOCATION OF MANUFACTURER OR DISTRIBUTOR: informs you who made the product and where the manufacturer or distributor is located. The London address and Post Code is underlined to indicate the main contact office in the EU. Product inquiries can be sent to this address.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: the country that manufactures or produces the product.
: tells you the recommended number of months within which the product should be used after you have first opened and used it, provided the product has been stored under normal conditions and not exposed to extreme temperatures. For example, (24M) means that you should replace this product within (24 months) after first opening. The "Period After Opening? number will vary based upon the type of cosmetic product.
:denotes that our company contributes to European programs for the proper disposal and recycling of all packing components.
Other symbols and statements you might see on our label:
WARNINGS/CAUTIONS: informs you what to do and not to do with the product.
: tells you to look elsewhere in the packing for additional information, for example in a leaflet, card or tag.
- Facts you should know: -
- Our product safety testing requires a collaboration of experts across several sciences to ensure the excellence and quality of all products brought to market.
- Our products contain ingredients of the highest quality. The levels of concentration of all ingredients in our products are safe for consumer use.
- Our Company is in full compliance with the labeling regulations set forth in the 7th Amendment to the European Union Cosmetics Directive.
back to top